July 14, 2011

Pottery Barn Knock Off Hybrid. Or a Vase.

We were gifted this festive vase for Christmas years ago. LOVED the shape and tiles texture, but the colour made it sooo hard to fit into my everyday decor. (BTW, still working on the "decor" thing around here, as we haven't even painted!)

I took an extra crummy before picture just for you guys :)
The shape reminded me a bit of this one from Pottery Barn:

Rustic White Vases
via
But I likes the rustic-y look of these Pottery Barn vases:


So, I grabbed a can of primer spray paint and white spray paint and got to work.  After it dried, I sanded it down a bit. Here's what I came up with:


What do you think?


To make it extra shiny, I added some of Plaid's Hi-Shine Glaze. It's the same stuff I used on this tutorial.
Know what I love about this stuff? The super smooth texture. You can clearly feel the surfaces it's been sprayed on. They feel protected.


Now to buy some fresh Peonies to put in it!
Hope you guys are enjoying your summer...it's almost the weekend! Woo-Hoo!!!

xoxo, Dorian

LINKED:
To THESE great parties!

7 comments:

  1. Love it! I think it looks beautiful repainted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love it! I would have never thought to spray that. I have something similar hiding in the closet. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO CUTE!! I LOVE IT!! just dropping in from eisymorgan! this is adorable and so simple!

    brandenjessicakeck.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorable! Nice refashion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so very pretty, I would never have thought to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awesome! (I have apparently returned to my youth in the '80's with that statement.) Came over from UCreate and am looking forward to checking out your blog today.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...