June 28, 2011

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly...

sweetest little poem, find it here.
Isn't Lavender such a beautiful (and romantic) flower? It's so peaceful and it's beauty understated. Yes, oh yes...I kinna love me some lavender! :)

Anyway, I have a small but lovely lavender plant in my front garden. It's brand new, planted only last year. Back then, being so new to lavender, I didn't think to harvest it for use.
This year, I was prepared! Oh man, was I ever! I searched and searched on the perfect timing, and nurtured my sweet little flower 'till it was ready for trimming.
The results? Why, nothing short of 5 small sheaths!!!


I spend some time Sunday trimming, and bundling.My house smelled so strongly of it's sweet aroma, that it was kinna giving me a headache! LOL! Oh, and do yourself a favour, NEVER snack while lavender-ing. Your fingers will taste yucky. Not by personal experience or anything, no no, just sayin' ;)
Anyhoo, I took four out of the five small sheaths and removed ALL the little buds off. That took longer than I expected, still, I have some projects planned for those fragrant little beauties :)

So, now, I am waiting for them to dry. I have no idea if I did it right, or if it'll work. But, I might as well go for it, right? Although, truth be told, I usually press my flowers, because I NEVER have any luck drying them. Oh well...


Here's to properly drying flowers! HA!

xoxo, Dorian

And in case you're wondering, here are a couple of websites I found useful:
Not Martha

P.S Make sure to come back tomorrow for some pretty fun (and prehaps free?) news!

5 comments:

  1. So pretty! I can't wait for my lavender to blossom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me loves....and I used to sing that song to Ethan when he was little....I've been singing it all day since I saw your post..:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, LOVE your blog!
    I'm your newest follower!
    I'll be in touch! I would love to feature you on my blog!
    I'm going to try and narrow down which craft to feature!
    Have a great 4th!
    nancy
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...