April 11, 2011

It's Raining, It's Poring...

via
It rained today. It was foggy and cold. And I wore the wrong shoes. The VERY wrong shoes.
Yet, the rain made me smile, and the cold didn't bother me so much.
Because today God watered His land for the harvests and beauty that He knows are soon to arrive.
The rain made me think of this, of roses and daffodils, daisies and cherry blossoms, tulips and hydrangeas.
The fog reminded me of clear blue skies filled with birds and butterflies, smoke from barbecues and bubbles from children playing.
And the cold reminded me of those blistering hot summer days when even the shade seems oppressed by the heat, when lying very still doesn't help at all.


Rainbow Lake
via

Those days are the direct result of days like today. So today, I am thankful for a cold, foggy day with cold, soggy feet.

God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars.  ~Martin Luther

Photobucket



0 lovely friends said::

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...