June 2, 2011

Laid- Back Summer Tee - TUTORIAL

You guys! Thanks for the love on my 'do! You're so super sweet!

AND...Here is the first tute that I promised you guys :)
We will be making a shorter length variation of this:


YOU WILL NEED:
A large SUPER SOFT JERSEY man's tee (as large as you can get it!)
Scissors
Sewing machine
Pins
Large Pot Lid
Measuring Tape
Bias Tape *optional

HERE WE GO!


You can use a golf tee like me, but this will make for a shorter tee.






***If you want to finish the neckline in bias tape, this is the time to do so. For this tutorial I will not be adding that step.

And YOU'RE DONE! Quick and easy, and oh-so perfect for summer. Can you imagine it as a bikini cover up!? (I tried it on like that, and am IN LOVE!)


Yes, I am covering up my momma pouch, I may love my kidlets, but my pouch, I DO NOT! HA!
***If you want more length to it, more like the original, this is the way you'll need to go:

Please ignore how jittery the lines are, apparently, I am unable to maintain a steady hand on the mouse :P
You will be able to use the whole length of the tee, rather than just half. So you can leave it long, or hem it to your desired length :)

As always, you can find this tutorial (and more!) under the tutorial tab at top! Also, I have a Flickr Group if any of you wanna link something up :)

Coming soon, to a computer near you...
LOL!
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments, and I will be more than happy to answer them for ya!
Enjoy!
Photobucket





LINKED TO:
THESE Parties

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I'm excited to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful! Need to make one stat as it will be the perfect post-baby shirt (the longer version). Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have been looking forever for this kind of project. found it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - thanks! It's in my New Year's resolution blog post about dressing cuter with lots of tee refashion ideas...
    http://coconutxoxo.blogspot.com/2012/12/my-1-new-year-resolution-stop-dressing.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooo cute! thank you for sharing! I'm a newbie to sewing, but I think even I can do this one :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...