August 11, 2011

Fork-et About It!

So, you guys, I did it. I tried the fork. I did, I tried it. And it's soooo not the same as the spoon. But I had to right? And no, I am NOT trying the knife. That's just crazy talk.
"What spoon, fork...what is this crazy woman going on about!!??"
Confused? I'm talking about my rather popular Spoon Pendant...

that you can see  HERE , if you haven't seen it already.

Someone said, "imagine if you did that with a fork" and well, that's all the incentive I needed.
Wanna see the fork?

The colours are inspired by my family.
So, the colour of the beads are my family's birthstones. I had originally thought to make it a necklace charm for moms to carry their kiddies birthstones on. We're emerald, peridot, aquamarine and diamond..oh la la!

BUT I don't like it for a necklace, it just looks too...what the word..."fork-y". BUT, I do kinna love it as a wind chime thing-y. Imagine seven of them hanging off an embroidery hoop or something round. Hang the whole get up outside and it would look so shabby chic. Or just shabby ;)
Or imagine making a bunch in different lengths and hanging them on a window so the sun shines through each stone casting colourful lights around a room. Might be kinna whimsical.

You're probably wondering why I didn't make any of those things.
So I'll give it to you straight. The fork...it's a thing of torture! It is sooo not as easy to bend as the spoon and those tines are just the worst! They kept breaking and I kept having to shorten them. UGH!

Also, I didn't know if any of you would be interested in a tutorial for this madness.
But if any of you are, I am willing to sacrifice my sanity (and hands!!!) to make the above projects come to life. So, if you wanna see it made, let me know in the comments, and you know I've got your back! Yo. (sorry, just had to throw that in!)

And, lastly, here's a sneak peak at a tutorial I'm working on...


Can you guess what it'll be? And I PROMISE...it's so easy, anyone can do it!
So, let me know if you're interested in the fork-y tute!
Much love to all of you!

xoxo, Dorian

LINKED TO:
THESE great parties!

2 comments:

  1. hahaha!!! That made me laugh so hard! Don't be offended, but with the reddish stain on the fork, it kinda looked like a murder weapon.... lol Probably not the best thing to hang around your neck. heehee.... I do LOVE your spoon, though! It is on my list of things to make in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this could probably make a cute key chain and then you wouldn't need so many of them either.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...