January 4, 2012

2012, You're Gonna be a GREAT Year!

I don't really know that, obviously. But I've decided it. I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with my "decision" everyday, but I will certainly try! 

 I have soo many hopes for this little blog. They're nothing extravagant. Nothing flashy or crazy. Just simple things that I hope I can learn and see improvement in. Let's talk about those.

These are my 2012 Blog/crafty goals:

- Learn to cable knit (well, get more comfortable knitting period. I'm more of a crocheter, but wanna do both)
- Learn to knit a hat and cowl (knit in the round and also see above)
Pinned Image

- Sew at least one quilt (my first!)
Pinned Image

- Embroider more often. 
Pinned Image

- Continue to explore sewing clothing (for my boys)
Pinned Image
(just got this book as a Christmas present and I am SO excited to get it so I can start sewing!)

- Learn more about making patterns, but first sew from a pattern ;)
- Open an online shop (!)
-Learn more about HTML and blog design (this one is for me personally, but it sounds soo fancy, it's not. I just want a pretty blog for free! LOL!)
- Take a sewing class and...
- Sew more (gonna try for a tiny bit everyday)
Pinned Image

- Keep a Creative Journal and sketch more
Pinned Image

- BLOG A LOT MORE! (don't know HOW I'm gonna pull that one off!)
Pinned Image

- Craft for my home A LOT more (make this little house of ours a cozy little HOME)
Pinned Image

- Makeover my crafting/sewing room.
Pinned Image

-Take better pictures
-Make more handmade gifts (my poor family's screaming "nooooo!!!!" to that last one! LOL!)

And that's it. I don't think it's too hard. Most of it is learning and that something I'm not too bad at. Well, when it comes to crafty matters...LOL!  
I'm most nervous about the online store, and blogging more. 
I am most anxious to begin: sewing more, cozy-ing up my home, sewing the clothes and quilt and keeping a creative journal. I used to do that a lot when I was younger, but I stopped and now I don't remember why. I can't wait to see what it looks like in December!

Anyway, I also hope to have a LOT more tutorial up and maybe even some guest posts...exciting! And I can NOT wait to start interacting with you all more, this is gonna be a fun year, thank you for joining me on my journey!

Thanks for reading! Next...my handmade Christmas presents! 
"See" you soon!









5 comments:

  1. Awesome goals! I have a LOT of the same exact goals for myself, actually. Especially the quilt and the knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! Cable knitting is actually a lot easier than it looks! Start with something small, like a coffee cup cozy. That's what I did! Hats are pretty easy, too, once you master knitting with double pointed needles. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals for the year :o) There's a sew along for Sewing For Boys over at Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy http://boyohboyohboycrafts.blogspot.com/2011/10/sewing-for-boys-sew-along.html if that helps you on the way :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to knit a bit better than I can, I am possibly the slowest knitter ever!! Think your goals are great, mine are all house related!!
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some of the same things on my to do list for this year. I am more of a crocheter and would love to be more comfortable knitting. I would definitely love to cable knit. I also want to learn more about html and blog design. I don't even know where to begin. Please share any tips.
    Quilting is also something I would love to try.
    Good luck with your goals for this new year.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...