December 31, 2011

MY Top Ten Favorites

Yesterday I did a post about the top ten MOST VIEWED post of 2011. So, I thought it would be fun to show you guys MY top ten favorite projects of this past year. They are some that were also on the other list from yesterday, but some of my absolute favs were, actually, not.  Let's start at 10...


I actually really like this bag, it is SO much cuter in person. I love to carry those "mommy extras" we all need. You know, extra diapers, change of clothes, even snacks. The little things that sometimes my other bags can't fit. It was surprisingly easy to make and I am kinna obsessed with the salmon-y, coral-y pink. 


So, little known fact about this tee...I actually made it to swap for FREE on WhoopdWhoop, so I never actually wore it. But Amy did and she liked it :) Right Amy? 
Anyway, one of your top faves and one of mine as well :)


I LITERALLY wore this NON STOP in the summer! The fit was just perfect and the length hit just right and the flowy-ness allowed for a lot of delicious BBQ enjoyment :) yum....


I know it's nothing earth shattering, but I love this pillow. It matches my front door perfectly, and looked so pretty on my porch. Not that it last long out there. Before I knew what was what, it was inside and under the possession of my 3 year old! I think I love it so much because of how much my hubs and kiddo liked it :)


This necklace was actually one of my first posts. I still wear this quite a bit and I love the pop of color and sweet simplicity of it. And SO SO easy to make!


Every time I walk by this sweet smelling little pillow bunting, I smile. I LOVE the purple floss, the rugged rope, the fabric scraps I saved for the PERFECT project (tiny little pieces), and the fact that I grew and harvested the lavender within those sweet little pillows from my own little garden. It reminds me of sunny days sitting outside with my boys :)


I LOVE this necklace. But to be honest with you, I felt that this tutorial is really more about the technique used to add "marbling" to the orange wooden bead. It's not really about the necklace, but about achieving the "look" of the bead. I think that's why it's on this list...loved experimenting to get what I wanted!


Love the fabrics. Love the monkeys. Love the handles at the back. But most of all...LOVE that my sweet boy loves it! A total crafty mommy WIN! I also LOVE how I thought of this fun little pillow...during a pillow fight naturally!!!  (with the Address Pillow up top, actually!) Inspiration hits at the weirdest moments! I also LOVE that I received a LOT of emails from mommas of boys thanking me for a boy related craft and saying that they would make this for their boys for b-days, Christmas...etc,. I hope they liked their pillows!!


Fun little back story on this pendant. I actually "thought it up" while breastfeeding my littlest. It was such a perfect sunny summer day, and I was wishing I had something to spray paint or hammer or something. And then it was like, "oh, I know! Hammer a spoon!"...because that's what any sane person would think, right?
Another fun little fact on this spoon...it got soo many hits (well over 2500 in a matter of HOURS!) , it crashed my site! And maxed out my allotted picture views on Photobucket! I had to upgrade to pro! That was really REALLY awesome. And unbelievable. I never expected that kind of response, and am still overwhelmed, touched and humbled. And all because of you guys! Thank you so much! 


And my personal favorite project of 2011 is.....
You know that one project that you are crazy about but barely gets the recognition it deserves? The one you can stop looking at and petting lovingly? No? Just me??? Anyway...that's this bag for me. I am in complete LOVE with it! I wore it all summer and stuffed it to the brim and it's held up perfectly! I got a ton of compliments on it, every time I went out and I can not wait to rock it next summer as well! I love the colors, the patchwork, the lining (bright TURQUOISE!). It was my first ever attempt at piecework and the longest tutorial on my blog but I love how it tuned out.  Can't wait to make more!


This post was so fun to write! I enjoyed looking back on MY favs of 2011. It makes me look forward to 2012. 
Did you guys do a top 10 post? If so, leave me a link in the comments! I'd love to check them out!
Also, meet me back here on January 3rd for a 2012 Crafty Resolution post! Get yours ready too, so you can post them in the comments for everyone to take a look at!
Until then, have a WONDERFUL New Year's! Be safe, and God bless!

xoxo, Dorian




0 lovely friends said::

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...