January 20, 2012

One Day...

I am super excited, you guys! You see, tomorrow my honey and I are going to start in a new (albeit, small) project. Right now, my craft space is in what I like to call the craft/office/toys/gather all/junk mess/room. We have THREE desks in this room plus a cubby/bookshelf thing. And the desks are not little, no sir, they're full size office desks. And it's a small space!
Anyway, We're hoping to get rid of one desk right off the bat. It's old, ratty and garbage. And then we plan to get rid of the other two once we find suitable (*ahem* cute and cheap!) alternatives.
This room will then functions as a craft (sewing) room for me, home office for the man and playroom for the boys...BUT with organization!!! 

Anyway, this is not going to be a quick thing where I show you the after next week. Not.at.all. Actually all we're really doing this week is tossing a bunch of things out, making more room, and moving my son's train table in. The rest (the fun stuff!) will have to wait. There are, after all, a few obstacles in our way:
1.time
2.budget
3.finding the perfect layout!


So, in honor of one day having the perfect room for us all, here are a few pictures of rooms and ideas that inspire me:
Enjoy :)

For the closet:
Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
It's The Little Things
but not with toys, rather with craft stuff...okay and some toys :)

Pinned Image

LOVE:
Pinned Image

Hubby often works from home, and I usually blog/pin :) while he works late into the night. So we need a desk that can house both my computer and his laptop. I happen to love these long desks: 
Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image
houzz (AWESOME site, btw :)
I like the desk type in the above picture, but NOT the formality of it. Not me.

my ideal sewing table(s):
Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

All images found through Pinterest. If you want to follow me on Pinterest, go here.
Have a great weekend! 


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection of inspiration. I, too, am working on putting together a room that can fit all of my crafty endeavors, play space for the boys, and a workspace for my husband. I definitely share your three obstacles. I've got some vision, but not funding...and can't help but wonder how folks with kids have the time for any home changes. It has taken me two weeks just to finish painting the panelling in one corner of the room! I should have the room done by 2014 at that rate. ;)

    Good luck to you, Dorian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have access to an Ikea, it's amazing what you can do to get a good office/sewing/storage set up, especially as they actually sell table tops and legs separately. My cutting table has a drawer unit at one end, with 2 drawers and a shelf underneath, and the other end has a sawhorse type support, which has a shelf at the bottom of the legs too. You can basically mix and match to your heart's content - I think the whole thing cost me less than $50

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh... i LOVE these ideas. and the double desk is so cute.. no more late nights sitting on the couch with the TV on {yes, this is what we do} while on laptops & phones! HA! keep us posted... i know you will!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with those floral curtains from the Better Homes and Gardens picture!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...