June 21, 2012

Some Sewing, a Serger and a Shoe...

Hello friends,
it's been a while since I've been on my lil' ol' blog.
Summer's officially started (weather wise) and we've been enjoying every bit of it. And I have found that there is less and less time to blog. So, during the summer I will be posting as much (or as little, I suppose) as the weather, the kiddies, the fun allow me to.

So, I've been sewing again! It's a huge deal since I'd fallen into a rut and not sewn a thing since December! Can you imagine?! Wanna know what prompted me to sew again? Well, you see, last month was my birthday and I got a little spending money. And with that spending money I bought this:

Janome Jem Gold Plus Portable Sewing Machine with Light Serging System (LSS) Model 661
The Janome Jem Plus LSS. The LSS stands for Light Serging System. And yes, it's a sewing machine and serger in one! I LOVE it! It makes SUCH a difference in my sewing! If you wanna read more about it, you can go here. (I can also do a review on it if you guys are interested)

Anyway, it got me motivated to sew and I've been busy making shorts out of out-grown pants, coin purses, NapKits ("what's a NapKit?" more on that in Monday's post!), pjs, and shoes!

My sweet baby Benji, is tiny tiny tiny. And I can never find shoes I like, that fit well AND are comfy. SOOO, I made my own. *insert proud grin here* :)
I made them out of an Elvis printed cotton (how cool, right?!) for the outer and a dark brown flannel for the inside:


I am in love with how they turned out! I didn't use a pattern, instead I kinna went with what I saw in my mind and IT WORKED OUT! Yay! Love when that happens :) I made a pattern but not a computerized one. I think I need PhotoShop for that. Rats. Instead I sketched one and I already have a second pair all ready to go!

Oh, and what am I naming these cute little shoesies? The BENJIS, of course!


Well, that's all I have for now. Hope you're all having an excellent day :)
Be back soon!

Dorian

9 comments:

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...