October 6, 2011

An Apple a Day...

*THIS IS A POST PREVIOUSLY DONE ON MY OLD BLOG*

I know cloches are SOOO 2010 (even 2009, really), but I thought I'd share in case anyone was interested. Also, it's been a while since I made this and I still love it. Might be repainting it soon though.
I found this little beauty at a local second hand store and bought the candlestick at the dollar store (the miniature apples too)... 

Before:

I then went out and bought (and gathered from around the house) my needed "tools":

-Wood filler
- Primer (optional, I didn't really need it)
- Spray Paint
- Gorilla Glue (LOVE!)
-Sanding paper or block

First I sanded it down to remove the glossy wax-y thingie on top:

Then I used wood filler to fill dents...(ignore the water...I was trying to finish this while my 2 yr. old played in the sprinkler!)

Tape up the ceramic tile centre.I wanted to keep it:

And primed it. But really this step is not needed. Oh, the things we know in hindsight!!!!

Then I painted it with two coats of spray paint. 

I then glued the candlestick on with Gorilla Glue. Lurve Gorilla Glue :)

Et, voila, c'est fini! Isn't it the loveliest? I'm so happy with it, I can't wait to find it a home in my home...LOL.


I'm thinking of adding a top coat of shine...what do you think? Would it give it a "crisper" look? I'm also thinking of painting the candle stick, but I'm not too sure???

Anyway, hope you found this post fun. I sure had fun making my lil' cloche!
Thanks for reading!

xoxo, Dorian

0 lovely friends said::

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...