April 14, 2011

For The Orphans

Hi all! Just a quick note to say how much I appreciate all your sweet and encouraging comments. Every time one of you takes the time to write me a lil' something something, it makes me smile from ear to ear!
And for those of you who are new around here, I thank you too. For reading my lil' ol blog. Just knowing you visited is awesome!

Now, on to business.
Have any of you heard of CRAFT HOPE? I'm sure most of you have but for those of you who haven't I'll tell you a little about them.

Craft Hope Spreading seeds of hope one stitch at a time

This was taken directly from their website:

"Craft Hope is a love inspired project designed to share handmade crafts with those who need them.  It is our hope to combine our love for crafting and desire to help others into a project to make a difference around the world."

Isn't that beautiful? They have had eleven past project including some to Haiti, ConKerr Cancer, Little Heroes Preschool Burn Camp and much more. They are doing so much for some many, and I am truly inspired by their efforts and hearts.
They are onto Project 12, Orphan Outreach. This are some statistics they have on their site:

  • Every day 5,760 more children become orphans.

  • In Russia, 60% of girl orphans become prostitutes and 70% of male orphans become hardened criminals.


  • Can you imagine these children's lives? What they must feel when faced with thoughts of their future?
    They are making bracelets to send to Russian orphans to remind them someone cares and would love your help!
    They don't have to be  fancy or expensive or elaborate, just handmade with love:) Here's the xample the have on their site:

    Craft Hope - Project 12 Orphan Outreach
    What do you guys say? Wanna join me join them?
    Please visit their website by clicking on their button above or here for more information.


    Photobucket

    2 comments:

    1. Just the other day I was searching online trying to find a charity I could donate handmade items to--I'll check this one out! Thanks for the tip!

      Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hello! I am your newest follower and a member of your blog club! Nice to meet yOU!

      ReplyDelete

    Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...