April 19, 2011

Showers of a Different Kind

Hi friends! I am so sorry I've been MIA all weekend, but I have a good excuse, I promise! I had a baby shower to go to. YAY! One thing you have to know about me, I LOVE baby showers. And babies :)Anyway, this last one was double the pleasure because it was for my Hubs' cousin and her darling baby girl (#2, btw!).
So you know what that means for a momma of two boys...time to bust out the pink!

Here is what I made her:

This is diaper pail/bucket thing. Basically, it can hold a full size wipes box, some diaper cream, and about 5-6 diapers, and keep it all out of view. See the fancy, shamancy drawstrings? Yep, those babies keep everything inside (rather than thrown around the living room, kitchen, hallway....)

A basic onesie embellished with pleats to make it oh, so cute!

I chose ruffles for this one.

MORE RUFFLES!
Than my SIL and I also bought a matching pink skirt to wear interchangeably with her onesies. (We also got her a pair of gold gladiator sandals, and oh my goodness! I couldn't believe how tiny and cute they are!!!)

I than personalized a cute simple tee for Little Sister and...

Big Sister.
Momma-to-be seemed touched by these. And I can't tell you how happy that made me.

I than crocheted some 100% Cotton (I believe it was the organic too) wash clothes, that are super soft and super absorbent.

I'm pretty crazy about the colours :)

We added another dress (and diaper cover!!! Bought, not made), a Sleep Sack, a mini diaper cake, and wipes. And yes, it is ALL in the bucket! Told you it fits a ton of stuff. It's deceptively small.  Oh, and we gave her a few bouquets of super adorable cake pops in the shape of the cutest tulips. I don't have a picture of those, my SIL made them, I'll ask her for one.
And no, her name's not "Emma" (at least, not that I know of), that's just a text I added. Had I had a daughter, I probably would have named her Emma. 
Anyway, that IS chalkboard vinyl, so her name can be added when she makes her debut.

I really enjoyed sewing for a baby girl. I smiled the whole entire time. And I was consumed by it. Started Friday night, baby shower was Sunday afternoon. See, what I mean...CONSUMED.

What was your weekend like? Did you do any fun crafting? Are you guys interested in a tutorial for the bucket, or is it pretty straightforward? If you want one, let me know in the comments, I'll put it up just for you!
And, as always, thanks for reading along. You guys make me smile.

Photobucket





LINKED TO:
and THESE fun parties!

13 comments:

  1. How adorable Dorian! I love all of this! I would love to see a tut for the bucket. I could use it for a lot of things. It sounds like you had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super idea! And it is just too cute! I love things that have a function, especially if organization is part of it!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous Dorian. I just went to a Baby Shower a little while ago. Will have to store this one in the memory bank if I get another invite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw this at Tip Junkie...and love it! I'd love for you to come link this up at my Tuesday Time Out Linky Party! The link is below!
    Smiles,
    Melanie
    Reasons To Skip The Housework
    Tuesday Time Out Link Up Party
    Link up Your Weekly Parties Here

    ReplyDelete
  5. those colors make me smile! i wish i could crochet, because those cloths are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable! I love the colors and everything! those ruffles on the clothes are amazing.

    new follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea and everything turned out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Babies are the best to make for! Love all the little girly touches too!


    Would love for you to share at Calling All Crafters, today!
    http://allthingsfee.blogspot.com/2011/04/calling-all-crafters-4th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw very adorable!! I love all the ruffles :) Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!! Hope to see ya again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you make the ruffles on that onesie?? Do you have a tutorial on that? I read the one on how to make the ruffles for the t-shirts. Is it the same concept?

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute!
    Katie
    www.katiescreative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a tutorial for the bucket as well!! Super cute & a definite baby necessity!

    ReplyDelete
  13. tutorial please! i love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...