July 28, 2011

My New 20 Minute Skirt


Hi lovelies! I haven't been on in a while, have I? We've been going through a bit of a "thing" with my littlest guy not feeling well and teething to boot. So I've had my hands full. But full of the most beautiful little baby! I've been a-rockin' and a-sawyin' and bouncing up and down. So basically doing the momma dance :) I'm sure I'm in good company :)

Anyway, I made a skirt. Cuz I kinna fell in love with an outfit I saw...

Mine looks NOTHING like the above picture. Mostly because I haven't found the time to get into anything that takes longer than 30 minutes or time to work on a pattern. And also the fabric. TOTALLY different fabric. I loved the colours in the skirt and remembered this thrifted fabric, and thought the colours (if not print) were similar.

I kinna like it.
Here it is without the belt.
Please don't mind my nut-zo poses.
And with tee out and flats...
Wanna see the...ahem...back view?

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with it. I took pics for a tutorial and whilst (ohhh, new word!...I'm fancy!) writing up the tute I realized I basically followed Kathleen's tutorial. I made some adjustments and changed some stuff that DIDN'T need to be changed, but mostly, it's exactly like her "20 Minute Skirt". And her tutorial is just absolutely fabulous. So, go check her out. You'll love her blog. 

Anyway, I think I'm running a fever or dying from allergies. Or it could be that it's 2 AM.  Either way, I'm off to bed. Hopefully I get a chance to sew something else for you guys...I think I'm gonna try to make this tomorrow...shouldn't take long, I started it today :)


Cute, right?
Is it just me, or is sewing (or creating anything, really) super therapeutic? Like, when the kiddos are sick and your days jam packed with mommy-ness and wifely-ness and you could really use a regular massage or at least a moments peace. I wonder if I can use that excuse to buy more fabric..."but hooonnneyyy....it's cheaper then regular spa days!" LOL! How I wish! :)

Excited to show ya'll the tee refash! "See" you all soon!

xoxo, Dorian

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous skirt! You are so talented. :) I am so sorry little guy is sick and I hope he feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the skirt, fabric & belt... where o where did you get that belt?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE skirt! Love it! And I can't wait to see the new shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skirt--it looks cool and comfy. Perfect for summer.

    I have a fun rosette headband giveaway going on this week--you should come and enter! http://hannahjholmes.blogspot.com/2011/08/giveaway-enter-to-win-handcrafted.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me, I read every last one of them! Thank you for taking the time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...